Saturday, January 31, 2015

4 UNBELIEVABLE Genetic ACCIDENTS

Frog-like Baby (unidentified baby - Nepal)


On 2006, this bizarre-looking baby was born in Charikot, the headquarters of Dolakha district, attracting a huge number of onlookers to witness the astonishing sight.



The neck-less baby with its head almost totally sunk into the upper part of the body and with extraordinarily large eyeballs literally popping out of the eye-sockets, was born to Nir Bahadur Karki and Suntali Karki at the Gaurishnkar Hospital in Charikot. The Karki couple is a permanent resident of Dolakha's Bhirkot VDC.

The bizarre baby, however, died after half an hour of its birth, Suntali, the mother, informed. It was taken to the hospital after its death. The news about such a baby being brought to the hospital spread like wildfire and there were hundreds gathered at the hospital to have a look. The police had to be deployed to control the crowd.

The baby weighed 2kg at birth and was born after the normal nine-month gestation period. Suntali, already a mother of two normal daughters, was not suffering from any illness during the pregnancy. Nir Bahadur, the father, says he does not feel any remorse for the newly-born baby's death. "I am happy that nothing happened to my wife," he said.

Note - it was reported that "the baby has a condition called anencephaly, a neural tube defect (like the cyclops baby), with no proper brain formation. The baby would have died a few days later. That's why women are advised to take folate in early pregnancy. 



13-inch Tailed Man (Chandre Oram - India)
Chandre Oram, from Alipurduar in West Bengal, is regarded as an incarnation of Hindu monkey god Hanuman.

Mr Oram also loves climbing trees and eating bananas, according to the Press Trust of India.

He said: "People have a lot of faith in me. They are cured of severe ailments when they touch my tail. I believe I can do a lot of good to those who come to me with devotion."

However, doctors say his tail is a rare but known congenital defect and that he is not a god.

Although it has made Mr Oram an object of devotion, it has also brought him some problems.

He added: "Almost 20 women have turned down marriage proposals. They see me and agree, but as soon as I turn around, they see my tail and leave.

"I have decided to marry the woman who accepts me and my tail. Or else, I'll remain a bachelor like Hanuman."

Doctors have offered to remove the tail surgically but MrOram has refused their help.

His sister Rekha said: "He will not survive without his tail. It has become part of his being, his existence."


Video





World's Largest Hand (Lui Hua - China)

Lui Hua suffers from a rare condition known as macrodactyly. When he was hospitalized in Shanghai on July 2007, his left thumb measured 10.2 inches and his index finger measured close to 12.

On July 20 surgeons undertook a seven-hour operation to reduce the size of Liu's fingers and thumb. Doctors removed 11 pounds of flesh and bone in the procedure. A second surgery is scheduled to take place.

Enlarged limbs can be caused by a number of medical conditions. Lymphedema is perhaps the most common cause and results in some extraordinarily enlarged limbs.


Feet facing backwards (Wang Fang - China)

Wang Fang, 27, of Chongqing city in China, was born with her feet facing the wrong way. She has learned to live with her condition without problems and recently refused a disability pension by being classified as disabled. "I can run faster than most of my friends and have a regular job as a waitress in the family restaurant. There is no reason to class me as disabled."


Doctors and her family feared she would not be able to walk properly when she was born, but agreed that she can now outrun anyone she knows.

Wang, who has a five year-old son with normal feet, said: "I can walk as well as anyone else, and even run faster than them. I'm like everyone else - except of course that I put my shoes on backwards."


Sources: AnanovaOddee, Mail Online

No comments:

Post a Comment